Cornell Roofing Co. Inc.
P.O. Box 21372
Concord, CA 94521
Concord Phone: 925-682-3473
Bill Maderos, General Manager
Cell Phone: 925-250-0971
Corie Oakes, Office Manager
Cell Phone: 925-250-0997
Monday – Friday
7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 1. Secure a written contract detailing all aspects of your roofing project, including material to be used, color, method of installation and total price of contract.
- 2. Call on references from past customers. Any contractor can provide two or three; ask for many in your particular zip code.
- 3. Call the material suppliers to verify the contractor’s financial standing; many contractors use the proceeds from your job to pay for the materials for past jobs. You don’t want to pay twice for your materials.
- 4. Payment should be made upon completion of your roofing project. Beware of any company that asks for money up front. Some companies finance other projects with your money.
- 5. When removing an existing roof, care should be taken to protect surrounding landscaping and debris should be cleaned up daily. Protect your landscaping by covering it, if possible.
- 6. If you need to replace an air conditioning unit, add insulation to cathedral ceilings, or fumigate in accessible attic areas, now, with the roof off, is a good time to plan this.
- 7. Make sure all A/C, electrical, alarm or other lines are at least 3 inches from roof deck before work begins.
Homeowner’s Checklist in Selecting a Roofing Contractor
“This information is intended to help you in selecting a roofing contractor who will install your roof for a fair price, using quality materials, with as little inconvenience to you as possible.”
We want to be that contractor.